Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011

My lovley hard work


As so many penpals of mine asking me if I am as a check-in-agent a stewardess I decided to introduce my job to!
First of all - I am not a stewardess, I am staying at home :) I am a part of the groundstaff and work for a handling company. We are making the check-in for not only one flightcompany, at our airport we make it for all except Lufthansa because they have their own stuff. Then we make as well the boarding, some are ramp agents, coordination of annulled and delayed flights and having as well a ticket desk, make the operations office and much more.
So we have to discuss as well overweight, have to know computer systems, control of handluggage, boardingpasses and passports.
And we have to know HOW to check in - not only baggage, as well bulk baggage, animals, diving gears, skateboards and skiers, buggys, wheelchairs, items with batteries and all the things you are not allowed to check in like for example dry ice. There are a lot of things to attend.

That means if there is a delay of several hours we have to be the ones who have to stay at the airport and have to be fresh, nice and friendly although when passengers are getting more and more moody ...

And the most important - how to react in all kinds of emergency cases and we have to work always on time! No delays, please!!

AND!!! I love my job although it is really hectic every day but I don't regret that I am not a historian as I wanted to be after my studies!

1 Kommentar:

  1. It's interesting, thank for having shared it with us.

    yours,
    kalapeta

    AntwortenLöschen