Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011

Venezuela


Hello everybody and sorry to all people of Venezuela! I am writing today because i am currently reading a guidebook about Venezuela and i have to say that after the first 200 pages i am wondering why the author was writing that book because all he wrote so far was just negative - i will try to list in short what he wrote!!

1. don't go to Caracas as it has little to offer, has a lot of slums and is just dangerous because don't matter what time of the day you will always be robbed and murdered.
2. if you want to drive from the Airport to Caracas the best thing is don't use an inoffical Taxi, don't use an official Taxi but call a swiss men who will bring you safe and punctual as swiss watches where you want to go.
3. never trust venezuelan people as an european tourist because they like telling lies all day long.
4. don't wonder if a venezuelan woman has 5 children from 5 men because betraying is a big part of the venezuelan culture.

This is just a short list of what i readed in that 200 pages ...
So tell me, why is somebody writing a guidebook about a country when he is just pointing out negative things? It's not really good for the reputation of a country!

Hope that some venezuelan people are reading that and writing a comment.
Believe I would like to know some people of Venezuela!

ps. and if there is a truth in what he wrote i am sure that every country in this world has it's good and bad people, good and bad places!!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Uhm, I'm not from Venezuela, but I wanna write my comment, lol! :D Well... I think the author of the guidebook just wants to help people who would like to visit Venezuela. I agree with you that it's a bit sad and unusual to write only negative things about a country in a guidebook, but as I've heard - and I don't want to hurt anybody with my opinion!!! - some countries in Latin America are "dangerous" and they're not safe, so it's better not to visit them alone, etc, etc. I don't know if these things are true, but that's what I've heard. I'm sure that those countries in Latin America are different from the European ones (of course, lol), so maybe the author just wants to warn people what they can expect from Venezuela... that it is much different from a West-European country. And yepp, it's also true that every country has its good and bad people, I totally agree! :D

    AntwortenLöschen